Our newly refurbished rooms are traditionally decorated.
All are en-suite, with colour TV and tea and coffee making facilities.
Each room has its own tourist information pack filled with ideas to keep you entertained whatever the weather.
Access Statement for Riverbank House
Riverbank is a Victorian house built in the mid 1860’s, with 3 rooms on the first floor and 3 on the second floor.
We aim to offer four stars, Silver award standard Guest accommodation based on 6 bedrooms Bed and Breakfast. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help. 01629 582593
- There is a bus stop 100mts away and a bus station a short walk away across the town.
- The train station is 300mts away.
- There is a good local taxi service that has accessible taxis if required. We can make a booking for you.
- We have a good website.
- You can contact us by phone or email.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- The Riverbank is situated in a private road and has it's own car parking within the road. The road is not made up, but the pavement is. Parking must be in front of our building.
- We can assist with luggage.
- The town is a short walk away through the park.
- The main entrance has a 12cm step into a 2.00mt. *4.00mt. Hall.
- The front door is 1.00mt. Wide and is always locked.
- There is a seat in the hall.
- Floor covering is short pile carpet.
Public areas - General
- The dining room is adjacent to the hall and a second dining room and lounge adjacent to that.
- All floor coverings are short pile carpets accept bathroom which have cushion flooring.
- There are 15 stairs to the first landing, which is split level, and a further 15 stairs to the second landing.
Public Areas – WC
- Bedrooms are all en suite.
- There is a toilet on the first landing of the north staircase.
- This is situated on the ground floor. There are no steps.
- There are round and oblong tables, which are flexible.
- There are chairs with and without arms.
- We play background music.
Out Door Facilities
- Access to the garden is generally through the double doors in the Lounge/dining room
- There are 3 steps to the patio and 1 more to the lawn.
- Chairs are available on the patio and from the summer house
- Access to the riverbank is via the gates beyond the lawn.
- Hall Leys Park is 50mts. away across a footbridge over the Derwent River, which leads into the town or to other, longer, walks.
- There are 3 rooms on each of the four landings.
- Four double rooms.
- Two family/twin rooms.
- One, top floor, double room has a bath, all others have showers.
- We have a variety of divan and frame beds, with and without footboards.
- All door widths are78cms.
- All bedrooms have colour TV, radio/alarm clock and a welcome pack of refreshments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Mobile phone reception is good.
- Wi Fi connection is available.
- We have an L1 fire alarm system and have 6 ground floor exits and two on the first landings.
- A fridge can be put in your room for medication or baby food.
- We can refreeze cooling blocks.