Access Statement for Riverbank House
Riverbank is a Victorian house built in the mid 1860’s, with 3 rooms on the first floor and 3 on the second floor.
We aim to offer four stars, Silver award standard Guest accommodation based on 6 bedrooms Bed and Breakfast. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help. 01629 582593
- There is a bus stop 100mts away and a bus station a short walk away across the town.
- The train station is 300mts away.
- There is a good local taxi service that has accessible taxis if required. We can make a booking for you.
- We have a good website.
- You can contact us by phone or email.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- The Riverbank is situated in a private road and has it's own car parking within the road. The road is not made up, but the pavement is. Parking must be in front of our building.
- We can assist with luggage.
- The town is a short walk away through the park.
- The main entrance has a 12cm step into a 2.00mt. *4.00mt. Hall.
- The front door is 1.00mt. Wide and is always locked.
- There is a seat in the hall.
- Floor covering is short pile carpet.
Public areas - General
- The dining room is adjacent to the hall and a second dining room and lounge adjacent to that.
- All floor coverings are short pile carpets accept bathroom which have cushion flooring.
- There are 15 stairs to the first landing, which is split level, and a further 15 stairs to the second landing.
Public Areas – WC
- Bedrooms are all en suite.
- There is a toilet on the first landing of the north staircase.
- This is situated on the ground floor. There are no steps.
- There are round and oblong tables, which are flexible.
- There are chairs with and without arms.
- We play background music.
Out Door Facilities
- Access to the garden is generally through the double doors in the Lounge/dining room
- There are 3 steps to the patio and 1 more to the lawn.
- Chairs are available on the patio and from the summer house
- Access to the riverbank is via the gates beyond the lawn.
- Hall Leys Park is 50mts. away across a footbridge over the Derwent River, which leads into the town or to other, longer, walks.
- There are 3 rooms on each of the four landings.
- Four double rooms.
- Two family/twin rooms.
- One, top floor, double room has a bath, all others have showers.
- We have a variety of divan and frame beds, with and without footboards.
- All door widths are78cms.
- All bedrooms have colour TV, radio/alarm clock and a welcome pack of refreshments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Mobile phone reception is good.
- Wi Fi connection is available.
- We have an L1 fire alarm system and have 6 ground floor exits and two on the first landings.
- A fridge can be put in your room for medication or baby food.
- We can refreeze cooling blocks.